Home School Curriculum Insomnia!!!!




 I have been Homeschooling the kids for only a month now, and I am still working out all the kinks. Pulling them from Online Public School after the second semester was a bit challenging, at felt like I was trying to learn everything Home-school at a marathon speed, and in fact I was! Two weeks of nonstop searching of reviews for a curriculum to replace the online curriculum they were already used to was hard.  I finally felt a sense of accomplishment when everything was settled and ordered, when no sooner did I realize many Homeschooling moms were already looking for next years curriculum now in the Spring! I was already dreaming of the curriculum I had just picked, asking myself did I choose the right curriculum? Is it to easy? Is it to hard? Regretting the Ace Paces I ordered, but now have to just suck it up and go with it while supplementing with the library. I was just getting into these books and figuring what we like and don't like. Here we are now in the Spring and all the Curriculum are having Spring sales and I am sprinting forward to catch on these good deals while watching a million YouTube reviews. Thank God for all the wonderful Home school moms out there who share all the reviews on their YouTube channels. They have made my life so much easier as a first time Home school mom. When I say I have had Insomnia about Home-school curriculum, I really mean it. My brain has been nonstop thinking of things like, Abeka, Alpha Omega, Lifepac, Ace Paces, and so on, and so on! I think I have finally narrowed things down now except for the dang Literature! I started writing all my thought as a Facebook update, when I realized it was becoming a really long update. That is when I realized it was time to start a blog again. Without further ado.......Here we go.........  



Thursday April 13, 2017- 
We started our morning with giving the chickens fresh water and bedding.

 I am still researching Homeschooling Curriculums for next year. Here's what I have so far: 
Math for both kids, we are choosing Teaching Textbooks...My kids are loving the cool CD-rom Teacher interactive with these. Even if you are not Home Schooled, I highly recommend these to anyone needing extra help for their kids or even yourself in the area of math. I truly wish I knew about it when Seth was learning Algebra 1 in 9th grade, it would have made a huge difference for him.

Science for for both kids I am going with DIVE Into Math and Science, Seth will be doing Chemistry, and Faith will be doing Earth Science. I like these because they are Lab based, and we will have a lot of fun doing home Labs. Plus, the CD-rom also has Video Labs as well. This Science Curriculum is kind of intimidating with a lot of Scientific Math, but with the help of Teaching Textbooks, I feel really confident teaching this to the kids. I also bought used Saxton Math books just for extra Reference, and their Companion solution books, which is really helpful when your needing to look something up that shows the step by step process. I also love this science curriculum because it is Creation and Intelligent design based. Since both my kids have already learned about Evolution, it will be nice for them to hear the other side.Even I will be watching these with them, since I have learned about the flaws in Carbon Dating. It should be interesting and fun.

PE, I signed up for G3 Sports & Fitness Hopefully, with all our running around I can schedule this in better. If anyone is a member there let us know, maybe you can teach us how to play Pickle-Ball!! lol! One of the things I wanted for our Home-school is to go more textbook based, so that the kids and I could be more mobile and they could actually bring their school work here to the gym, and sit in the cool coffee lounge to do school work there if they wanted. Then when they were done they could jump into the Jacuzzi!! LOL!

History and English I am still looking for. English I am looking into: Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) for writing, Learning Language Arts through Literature, Fix It Grammar, Easy Grammar....As you can see this is where I am stuck. There are so many great options, and not all fit nicely in one textbook. Seth's learning style for English will definitely be History based. I was looking at Apologias American Literature too, but just not sure yet. 

Well that's that for the core classes. As for the electives the kids will be doing a Computer program class at the boys and girls club, Faith will still be doing dance, I plan of having them both learn to play piano or guitar, Both the kids want to take Broadcast media, and I was going to ask the High School if Faith could take it there since she will be 14 and technically a Freshman if I had put her in School earlier. Then they could take it together on the same day. That could just be wishful thinking though. Well that's it. This is where I keep researching and I will let you know what we come up with. I hope you all have a Beautiful Good Friday, and A Very Happy Easter!! He has Risen indeed!



Comments